If you are thinking about getting a medical cannabis card, you may have people in your life who you do not think would be supportive. While you ware not obligated to tell anyone about your decision to get a medical cannabis card, it can sometimes be difficult to keep parts of your life from your friends and family. It may be that you prefer to be open and honest about your life and your decisions with those close to you, but you may be a bit apprehensive about how they will take it, particularly if you have people in your life who tend to be judgmental or highly opinionated. If you plan on having a conversation with a family member about your decision to get a medical marijuana prescription, here are a few ways to make that conversation go smoothly.
- Before the conversation, make a list of the reasons why you have made your decision that you can reference if necessary. If possible, include things that your family member knows about and can relate to. This may include things like an insomnia problem you have had since childhood, severe anxiety that has ruined family get togethers for you, or perhaps even an illness or condition that you are battling whether it be cancer, epilepsy, or chronic pain. Once you are able to help your family member understand why you have chosen this route, they might be more open to discussing it.
- If possible, try to have the conversation in person. If you live in the same city as your family, it will be better if you can talk face to face because they will be able to see your sincerity and you will both be less likely to misconstrue or misinterpret tone of an email or text message as is common in this day and age. Schedule a time to sit down and chat when neither of you have a tight timeline or another place to be. You should anticipate that they will have questions and you want to make sure you allow time for them.
- Remain calm and kind throughout the conversation. If you are choosing to sit them down to discuss the issue, you probably know that they might react badly or be judgmental. Knowing this going into the conversation will help you remain level-headed rather than be caught by surprise. Allow them to feel what they feel, but be available for questions and healthy conversation when they are ready.
- Do your research so that you can adequately answer questions you know might come up. Will your family want to know about potential risks? Will they ask about cost or perhaps how you will find the appropriate medical marijuana doctor? Try to have answers for these questions ahead of time so that you can answer them sufficiently in the moment.
- Thank them for their time and let them know that their opinion is important to you, but so is having an open, honest and communicative relationship with them. In many cases, the fact that you have chosen to share this information rather than keep it a secret will go a long way in preserving the relationship and helping your family to understand or attempt to understand where you are coming from.
These conversation are not always easy, but having a few tips to keep the conversation productive will help you along the way.
In the 21st century, business and technology are heavily intertwined. In fact, it is rare to do one successfully without the other. Studies show that most consumers are more trustworthy of a business that has a solid online presence and are less trusting of a business that does not have a website or any kind of reviews on any popular consumer review sites. Studies also suggest that consumers will compare similar brands or products and often will make decisions based on who has the best, most modern or most efficient web design. Good web design suggests the business cares about staying on top of trends, following best practices and making their customers feel secure in doing online business with them. In the case of small businesses with potentially small budgets, best practices suggest that funds will be best spent to bolster online presence and make sure there is sufficient network security. Network security is important because with all of the time people spend on the internet, there are more and more opportunities for unsecured networks to experience infiltration and hacking.
Hacking is not only a problem for small businesses. This is confirmed because numerous large, multi million dollar corporations have been hacked, even within the last few years. Hacks are so dangerous because they can leak important consumer information such as social security numbers, addresses and credit card numbers so that they are public. When these kinds of items become public, it is easier for identity thieves to access this information and use it for criminal behavior. Anyone who has had their identity stolen or knows someone who has, knows how devastating it can be not only to someone’s financial life, but to their future as well. As more and more of these types of hacking occur, people become more and more careful about the kinds of businesses they work with and purchase from. Businesses without IT security are almost ensuring that they will receive less business because consumers will not be comfortable sharing their information like credit card numbers online over an unsecured site.
It is no secret that web design and other online presence-boosting specialists are in high demand for this very reason and because of that, their time is not cheap. This may seem a bit off-putting, especially for a new or small business owner who is likely still very cautious about where and how money is spent. With society as it is, however, investing in best practices for online presence is one of the most surefire ways to boost business and help it grow consistently over time. Though the initial price tag may seem steep, depending on the type of specialist, it is one of the best investments business owners can make because it will be key to their long-term sustainability.
Another reason it is so important is that the people who specialize in information technology and web design, like those at The Tech Service, are experts in their field. Information technology is not the kind of job that just anyone can pick up and learn in order help out. Internet issues can become complex quickly and it is absolutely in a business’ best interest to work with someone who is highly trained to solve these types of problems quickly and efficiently.
So many people throughout the world have found fitness, inner peace, athleticism and happiness from doing yoga. Yoga is one of the best exercises for connecting the physical, spiritual and emotional parts of yourself and can be a huge help to people who are stressed, enduring trauma, recovering from injury, or even just looking to find a new level of fitness for themselves. Because of how transformative yoga can be in people’s lives, many people, especially those who have been transformed by the yogi lifestyle, have started to pursue yoga teacher training so that they, too can help others achieve that kind of peace and happiness. If you are thinking about committing to yoga teacher training, here are a few qualities that are helpful to have.
- A general understanding of yoga and it’s history- A big part of yoga training is understanding the rich history of yoga from the people who shaped it to the lore that accompanies it. This includes the names of poses in both English and Sanskrit as well as the reasons poses are called what they are. If you already have a bit of this knowledge, it will be especially helpful to you as you move forward in your training.
- An appreciation for the human body- Yoga is truly a celebration of the human body and yoga classes are a way to celebrate their power in a group. Both an understanding of how the human body works as well as a true appreciation for the amazing things it can do will serve you well throughout your training.
- A desire to be active- Yoga teacher training requires you to attend and eventually teach multiple Denver yoga classes a day. While your body will get used to it, it will initially be strenuous and tiring. You have to make sure you are in a mindset where you know you want to be active and that the activity makes you happy. If your mindset is positive, it will make the transition to a non-sedentary life much easier.
- A positive outlook- Similar to the above, attitude is everything. In order to help guide people through the intense and often emotional practice of yoga, you need to also be comfortable guiding yourself through that process as well. This requires a lot of positive thinking, especially through the difficult times.
- A bit of an outgoing personality- You by know means need to be an extrovert to be a yoga teacher, however you will be leading a room of sometimes dozens of people who are hanging on your every word and only listening to your voice for the better part of an hour. This can be a little scary for anyone, but it is especially helpful if you are the kind of person who does well talking in front of a room full of people.
If you possess some or all of the above qualities, you are well on your way to a long and successful career as a yoga teacher, helping others to find fitness and enlightenment.
Any homeowners know that one of the most difficult differences between renting property and owning property is the fact that most of the maintenance is now up to the homeowner. With no leasing office or management company to organize things like repairs, maintenance, window cleaning, and shoveling, the homeowner must now schedule time into their day or weekend to do these boring tasks. For larger homes, chores like window cleaning can take up quite a lot of the day, making what should have been a relaxing weekend, turn into a stressful and strenuous few days.
Rather than putting all that stress on yourself, it is much more efficient to instead hire Denver window washers to do the job. They can do it in considerably less time and with high quality results, meaning that you can spend your weekend actually enjoying some relaxation or time for yourself. Here are a few things you could do with that newfound time.
- Read a book- Reading a book can sometimes be one of the most decadent activities because it is one that many people will always claim they “do not have time for”. Reading will always fall by the wayside because people will always seem to find something else they need to do instead. Reading is not only good for the brain, but also the soul. It is healthy to allow yourself a bit of an escape.
- Explore the great outdoors- Instead of staying cooped up in the house and doing chores, take this extra time to get in touch with nature. This could be anything from taking a hike, doing yoga outside, going to the beach or lake or even just finding a quite place to sit and enjoy the fresh air.
- Hit the gym- Exercising is another activity that people will always drop to the bottom of their list when they have other chores to do. Instead, use this extra time to prioritize yourself and your body and go do your favorite workout. You will feel better, more energized and healthier and perhaps you will even find a way to include it in your regular routine.
- See a friend- A great thing to do with this free time is to call up a friend you have not seen in a while and invite them to do something like go get coffee or lunch. So many people use the “we should get together soon” line on each other, but often times social plans will not be a priority and friends will go long periods of time without spending quality time together. With your extra time while window washers are at your house, you can instead make good on a promise to see a friend.
Being a homeowner is a big feat and while it is not always easy, you should make sure you are rewarding yourself and congratulating yourself along the way. One of the best ways to do this without sacrificing what needs to be done around your home, is to hire professionals to help you out.