Do you want smaller government?
Do you want smaller government?
Do you want an end to the welfare state, to government destroying our health-care system, to government at all levels taking 47% of the national income in taxes, to government intrusions into your life and your business?
Do you want smaller government?
Stop Supporting Big Government
You must stop supporting those who are making government bigger.
You can’t go east by moving west. It’s a physical impossibility.
You can’t make government smaller by rewarding those who make government bigger. It’s a political impossibility.
Only when you begin asking for what you really want do you have any chance of getting it.
Al Gore wants to make government bigger. He’s proposed a long list of new government programs.
George W. Bush wants to make government bigger. He’s proposed an equally long list of new government programs to show that he’s as compassionate as Mr. Gore — as though having government spend your money somehow demonstrates compassion.
Pat Buchanan says he wants a return to constitutional government. But he’s made no specific proposals to reduce government, while proposing to have government fix what he thinks is wrong with America. For one thing, he wants to tell you what kind of car you can drive.
And Ralph Nader wants to tell you whether you can drive a car at all. But that’s the least of his many plans to make government much bigger.
What Smaller Government Means
- I want to get the federal government completely out of every area where it’s made such a mess — health care, education, law enforcement, welfare, foreign aid, corporate welfare, highway boondoggles, farm subsidies. Not only are these programs unconstitutional, they do tremendous damage to our lives.
- I want to make the federal government so small you won’t pay any income tax. (The tariffs and excise taxes already being collected are enough to finance the constitutional functions of government.)
- I want to free you immediately and completely from the Social Security system. I want to sell off government assets to finance private retirement accounts for anyone now dependent on Social Security — so you and I and every other American can immediately stop paying the 15% Social Security tax.
- I want to end the nightmare of Prohibition by stopping the insane War on Drugs. At least 90% of the invasions of your civil liberties over the last 30 years have been justified by the Drug War. You may have no interest in drugs, but the government still snoops in your bank account, monitors your email, and claims the power to search and seize your property without due process.
- I want to restore completely your unconditional right to keep and bear any weapon necessary to defend yourself and your family. We can’t end gun violence with new laws or by enforcing the laws on the books now. The gun laws are the principal cause of gun violence, so we must repeal those laws.
- I don’t want to appoint Supreme Court judges who are “strict constructionists” or who divine “original intent.” I want to appoint judges who can read the plain language of the Constitution — who understand that when the Constitution says “Congress shall make no law,” it means Congress shall make no law. I want judges who will strike down government programs that are not authorized by the Constitution.
In short, I don’t want to slow the growth of government. I don’t even want to stop the growth of government. I want to reduce government dramatically — to the limits imposed by the Constitution.
What Freedom Means
You’re the one who gets up every morning and goes to work for 8, 10, or 12 hours a day. How dare politicians like George Bush or Al Gore presume to decide how much of what you earn you should be allowed to keep?
I want you to be able to keep every dollar you earn — to spend it, save it, give it away as you think best — not just the crumbs the politicians leave for you.
I want you to be able to use your own money to put your children in a school of your choice — private, religious, or home school — without having to beg the state for a voucher or plead with the Board of Education for improvement.
I want you to be able to use your own money to start your own business. Or to support your church or favorite charity in a way you’ve never been able to do before.
I want you to be free. I want to get government out of your life.
Isn’t that what you want?
How to Get to Smaller Government
I’m the only candidate who’s running solely for the purpose of making government smaller. I’m the only candidate who doesn’t presume to know what charities your money should go to, or how much of your income belongs to the politicians.
How You Can Win
Probably not. But if you vote for anyone else, you won’t win either. Your candidate might win, but you won’t get what you want. Government will continue to get bigger, more expensive, more intrusive, and more oppressive — and you will have given your approval to this.
No matter what your reason for voting for Mr. Bush or Mr. Gore — to keep Al Gore out of the White House or to ward off the Religious Right — your vote will be interpreted as an endorsement of every big-government proposal your candidate has made.
Even though we Libertarians may not win this year, every vote I get will be an endorsement, a statement, a declaration on behalf of smaller government. No one can misinterpret a vote for me as a vote for more government.
And if I get even one million votes, it could change politics in America forever. It could cause the press to pay more attention to smaller-government proposals, it could encourage other voters to abandon the big-government parties, and it could attract millions of non-voters who have given up on any hope of getting smaller government.
Please don’t let the old parties destroy your future by scaring you into voting against someone this year.
Raise your sights. Vote in a way that could lead to a free America with a constitutional government before the end of this decade.
For once, vote for yourself instead of a politician. Vote for freedom.
Or, for even more details on how we can bring back a free America, you can obtain a copy of my book, The Great Libertarian Offer, just by clicking here.
You can see our television ads just by clicking here.
You can get an information packet and my half-hour videotape just by clicking here.
To receive continual updates on the campaign, just click here.
To volunteer to help the campaign, just click here.
To donate money to help increase the number of national TV ads we can run, just click here.
Welcome to this web site. This is where your friends are. This is an oasis for the millions of Americans just like you — Americans who want to get government out of their lives — Americans who want to live their lives by their own standards, not by those of the politicians.
Please join us.