If you are looking for the right ways to treat sciatica, then you need to consider the most holistic methods to try before you go in for sciatica surgery. Sciatica is an irritating and painful condition that is caused by pressure on the sciatic nerve. This can be caused by a variety of things including a lumbar herniated disc.
There are many ways to treat this that don’t require surgery and it is important to try out the least invasive solutions first. Listed here are several of the many sciatica treatment options as to how to treat sciatic pain in a holistic way:
- Acupuncture. You can start your therapy with acupuncture, which is an old and longstanding therapy that helps to relieve stress and pressure on compressed nerves by working through muscles using needles. It can be very effective and should be something to try out when trying to find a holistic approach to start with your healing process.
- Heat and Ice. You can also try several types of heat and ice therapies that will work to relieve the pressure on your sciatic nerve while also working to reduce the associated inflammation.
- Chiropractic manipulations. You can also explore visiting the right chiropractor that can do a manipulation for you in order to help reduce your pain and inflammation in certain areas. This can be a good option if you want to find relief with your pain that can also help to resolve the problem over time. It is important to find the right chiropractor and to make sure that you are visiting a trained professional that has experience with sciatic pain relief.
- Cognitive behavior therapy. You can also try cognitive behavior therapy which is a type of therapy that will help to reduce self-defeating behaviors that may cause flare-ups. You may also find that you can better manage your pain using these methods.
- Massage therapy. Massage therapy is very beneficial for a number of reasons and is an important one to consider when trying to find the right options for your sciatic pain. You will want to find the right massage therapist that can work with you to relieve your pain without making the problem worse.
As you can see, these were several of the many types of holistic treatments that you can find for your sciatic pain. You can also try various stretches and make sure that you get enough exercise in each day in order to ensure that you are staying fit. If you have been experiencing severe pain, tingling or weakness in your sciatic nerve and other areas, then you will want to contact the right person that can help you explore other options, such as sciatica surgery or epidural steroid injections.
You can find out more when you find the right clinic to work with, such as visiting the experts over at Boulder Neurosurgical and Spine Associates. They are the leading experts in neurosurgical care and can help you find the right solutions for your needs.